Re: [dxwg] Profiles must support discoverability via search engines (UC 5.40)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 00:09:43 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
This is about best practices for profiles of DCAT - i.e. related to the guidance document and the  "alignment" activities in the DCAT vocabulary activity.

Because we are not publishing specific DCAT profiles, we need to only make sure there is the necessary information (i.e. an alignment) to allow schema.org compatible DCAT profiles to exist.

Suggest reword requirement as something more like:
A mapping to schema.org must exist to support a profile of DCAT that in turn supports discovery of datasets using schema.org elements.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/222#issuecomment-399281002 using your GitHub account