Re: Media Types URIs

Dear Nick,

Are you suggesting using your IRIs such as [1] for MIME-Types with
dct:format?

In DCAT-AP, dct:format is actually used with the EU File Type codelist [2]
concepts such as [3], whereas for IANA based MIME Type IRIs such as [4],
dcat:mimeType is used. Indeed, neither the File Type, nor the MIME Type
IRIs are dereferencable. Still, some consistency would be nice.

BTW I have been asking the EU publications office to make the EU MDR NALs
(now EU vocabularies) dereferencable for 3 years now, unfortunately with no
success. Nevertheless, their use is mandatory in DCAT-AP, which could be
reflected in DCAT since there are no other official code lists for those
properties.

Best regards,

Jakub Klímek

[1] https://w3id.org/mediatype/text/turtle