Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

From: Ruben Verborgh via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 20:51:07 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
> @kcoyle & @RubenVerborgh: are you saying above that one can interpret a resource and profiles of it as a Dataset and Distributions of it?

I'm saying that a dataset is a resource, and that representations of that dataset conforming to certain profiles and serialized in a certain media type are distributions.

> I see many more types of Resources and Profiles of them than DCAT will allow for.

That's fine. The mechanism is more generic than that. It's not because a dataset is a resource, that all resources are dataset.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RubenVerborgh
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/74#issuecomment-396729390 using your GitHub account