Re: public-comments email problem

+1

Andrea

________________________________
From: Rob Atkinson <rob@metalinkage.com.au>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 01:32
To: kcoyle@kcoyle.net
Cc: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: public-comments email problem

+1

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 at 04:34 Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net<mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net>> wrote:
Dave R contacted the W3C email maven (Gerald Oskoboiny) about the
problems we've been having with the public-comments list rejecting some
emails. It turns out that the way the permissions were set it only
allowed posting by folks who were already on some (any) W3C email list.
This means that many DCAT community people would not have permission to
post.

This has been corrected. At this time anyone should be able to post to
the comments list. We are asking for any information about logs that
could alert us to other rejected emails.

Simon asked if this means that we need to re-do our call for comments.
In the past we've done a follow-up call and that might be useful at this
time. A follow-up could remind folks that a second draft is coming (can
we give a ballpark date, like "fall 2018"?) and that comments received
now could potentially be addressed in that draft. That provides both a
reason for the follow-up and an incentive to reply promptly.

Let us know what you think.
kcoyle@kcoyle.net<mailto:kcoyle@kcoyle.net> http://kcoyle.net
m: 1-510-435-8234 (Signal)
skype: kcoylenet/+1-510-984-3600<tel:+1%20510-984-3600>