Re: Agenda February 6 -- profile definition

Hi Makx,

I am not so worried about some of the points here. The definition says that a namespace could be considered as a profile ('if there is no 'identification of chosen classes, conforming subsets, options and parameters'). But this is a specific case, and anyway it wouldn't impact how the management of the namespace should happen. Say, it's not because I would use Dublin Core as an unmodified base for my own AP that the DCMI consortium should start changing their management...

As for the discussion we had, I agree with you that I don't see the benefit in general of lumping things together, it's just that in some cases it could be judged easier [1]. My point now (in case it was different then) would be that there's no need to turn a good practice into a definition.

Antoine

[1] For example, the DPLA application profile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fJEWhnYy5Ch7_ef_-V48-FAViA72OieG/
Unless you would claim that the namespace for the elements at http://dp.la/about/map/ is not 'lumped' into the profile?