Re: [dxwg] Requirement: Profiles may be written in or may link to a document or schema in a validation language (ShEx, SHACL, XMLschema). [ID41] (5.41)

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 14:59:01 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Makx, I'm not sure that you know that a shacl document is a shacl document based on the media type - it would have a media type of .ttl or .rdfxml. (This is from memory of discussions of a few years ago, but that is what I recall.) Does that matter? It seems that you would have to read the distribution to determine what type of distribution it is, and if it can be used to validate the data. My impression is that there was a desire to favor validation as a function, making it explicit.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/279#issuecomment-417350718 using your GitHub account