Re: [dxwg] Use Case: Negotiation by Coordinate Reference System

From: Peter Rushforth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 14:12:59 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org

It's a "Tiled Coordinate Reference System", a term created for [MapML](https://maps4html.github.io/MapML/spec/#projections).

> Who manages that registry and what is the process of adding new values?

When the specification is more mature, we'll register it as a media type with IANA. Updates will hopefully happen as more values are defined.

The closest thing to this that I know of is the [EPSG Registry](http://epsg-registry.org), but it doesn't contain all values, notably CRS84 is not in there.  You can get a new value created / old value maintained by contacting the registry maintainer (OGP).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by prushforth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/311#issuecomment-411772104 using your GitHub account