Re: ODRL rights & permissions

Hi Karen, all,

There should be a connection to ODRL indeed, especially if DCAT is going to handle fine-grained access rights. ODRL is quite formal, but it can also be relatively simple for simple needs, and it allows for some 'shortcuts' like [3] that will be more amenable simple uses and compatible with basic rights/access models like dc:rights (see motivations for [3] at [4]).

What would be really good is if our group could work on our access-related requirements before their CR period ends. We could flag it, if there's anything we'd have to need - or complain about. But I'm not sure we'll have the bandwidth (when is it due?).

By the way I had raised one ODRL-related issue on our github, not about DCAT but DQV [5]

Cheers,

Antoine

[3] https://w3c.github.io/poe/model/#policy-has
[4] https://github.com/w3c/poe/issues/184