Requirements for discussion Sep 18

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:10:21 -0500
To: "public-dxwg-wg@w3.org" <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
As we continue to discuss the organization of the requirements, we may
at least be able to discuss and approve ones that seem fairly obvious.
Below is a list of the requirements for versioning, extracted from the
current UCR document, for discussion on Monday:

Versions

1. Provide a definition of version, including how it relates to a
dataset distribution.

2. Provide support for different versioning scenarios (e.g., dataset
evolution, conversions/translations, granularities/subsets).

3. Provide a version identifier for a dataset

4. Provide metadata for when the specific version of a dataset was
created or released

5. Provide (metadata for?) what was changed from one version of a
dataset to the next.

6. Provide a means to search and discover versions of a given dataset.
This should include both metadata elements referencing previous and next
versions, lists of versions, and by implication the ability to search
catalogs for related versions.
--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net