Re: Requirements for profiles

This would require some rules about equivalence, assuming that profiles
include definition details such as cardinality of properties (0...n vs.
1,1), dependencies (foaf:name or [foaf:forename, foaf:familyname]), and
value rules (foaf:familyname must be "Smith" or "Jones") (foaf:name is a
maximum of 32 characters).

This is why we need to consider this interest in inter-changeability
along with the desire for detail. The more detail provided, the less
interchangeable profile definitions tend to be. If less detail is
provided, then the informational value of profiles is lessened.

That said, and picking up on some of the work taking place with SHACL
and ShEx, it may be desirable to have some canonical representations of
very common properties that can be used in various situations. This then
butts up against the cautions that Annette voiced: how volatile a
situation can you tolerate for a data profile?

We still need a requirement that we can agree on to cover this case, if
Rob or Ruben would like to work on that.

kc