Re: Agenda for tomorrow - and introduction

Dear all,

As many others in Europe, I’m also not going to be able to attend tomorrow’s call. And following the initiative from Antoine, I’d like to introduce myself.

I work for the Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences coordinating the technical developments around FAIR Data (https://www.nature.com/articles/sdata201618 <https://www.nature.com/articles/sdata201618>). I am also part of the initial group to define metrics for FAIR data and services in the context of the GO FAIR initiative. My background is in conceptual modelling, ontology engineering and formal ontologies. Part of our work has been to define a multi-layered metadata approach from data repositories to data records, passing through catalogs, datasets and distributions. In this approach we use some existing standards such as RE3Data, DCAT and RML. Due to this, I’m very interested in contributing to this group and improving DCAT/ My main interests are: dataset release/version, DCAT profiles and comprehensive guidelines for DCAT extensions such as quality, provenance, relation between datasets and projects, publications, funds, etc.

Looking forward for the emails about the call tomorrow and meeting you in July.

Best regards,

Luiz Olavo Bonino
CTO FAIR Data

Dutch Techcentre for Life Sciences
Visiting address: Catharijnesingel 54 | 3511 GC Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 19245 | 3501 DE Utrecht

E-mail: luiz.bonino@dtls.nl <mailto:luiz.bonino@dtls.nl>
Mobile: +31 6 24 61 9131
Skype: luizolavobonino
Website: w <>ww.dtls.nl <>