Co-chairing

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 08:58:12 -0800
To: "public-dxwg-wg@w3.org" <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
All, we discussed this last week and will have it also on this week's
agenda, but it seems opportune to also bring this up on the mailing list.

Caroline will no long be able to co-chair this group, due to maternity
leave, after January, 2018. We need to find a willing co-chair to take
her place. It does not need to be someone who is already in this group,
but I assume that W3C will prefer that it be a representative from a
member organization.

Co-chairing means that no one needs to take on the entire burden; and
allows chairs to be absent from some meetings without disrupting the
meeting schedule. Co-chairs can divide the tasks however they see fit,
based on the skills and time availability of each. (I probably have more
time than most people as I'm not currently employed, and can continue to
take on some time-sensitive tasks.)

If you know of someone who might be able to chair, from your
organization or from another, please contact me directly.

Thank you,
kc
--
Karen Coyle