Re: Comments on PROF

Thanks Leslie,

I’m adding these comments to the public pool of comments via this reply to the mailing list.

Yes, we do think that subclasses of Profile would be interesting so you’ve supported that idea.

Regarding "Domain and range declarations could still be added.”:

Which properties did you have in mind?

The important property prof:isProfileOf has such declarations, as does prof:isTransitiveProfileOf, prof:hasToken, prof:hasRole & prof:isInheritedFrom.

So the only PROF properties, as opposed to the Dublin Core dc:format & dct:coformsTo which we reuse, that we don’t declare both a domain and range for are prof:hasResource & prof:hasArtifact for which we only declare ranges. These properties are somewhat generic - indicating resources of various sorts - so they could be used to describe ResourceDescriptors, as per the PROF intention - but perhaps also other things, hence the not stated domain. I don’t see a strong need to change this.

Thanks,

Nick

> On 6 Feb 2020, at 3:26 pm, Leslie SIKOS <l.sikos@ecu.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> There have been some improvements indeed. The namespace URL is now fine.
>
> As for the Profile class, it would be beneficial to add more context, such as via subclasses as suggested.
>
> Domain and range declarations could still be added.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Leslie

Dr Nicholas Car
Data Systems Architect
SURROUND Australia Pty Ltd
Address P.O. Box 86, Mawson, Canberra ACT 2607
Phone  +61 477 560 177 <tel:+61+414+99+55+43?utm_source=WiseStamp&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=signature>
Email  nicholas.car@surroundaustralia.com
Website  https://surroundaustralia.com
Enhancing Intelligence Within Organisations
delivering evidence that connects decisions to outcomes