Re: Re: Comments on "Content Negotation by Profile" (30 April)

I'm confused by this conclusion: "So yes, that means that many profiles
that exist in the wild currently cannot be used for content negotiation on
profile."

The question, however, is about parts of documents: "In order to be able to
use profiles specified as parts/sections of larger documents, those
profiles/sections need their own URIs." Should the above sentence read
instead: "... many profile sections or fragments that exist in the wild
...."? or "... many profiles that are sections or fragments of larger
resources ..." Because a document that is a profile and that has a URI can
be used for content negotiation, e.g. DCAT-AP in PDF form. True? It's just
that sections within that document, if they cannot be accessed through a
fragment URI, cannot.

I believe that the set of profile documents that do not have URIs, and
therefore are not online, are outside of the scope of conneg. Are there any
resources that meet the definition of profile and that have a URI that are
outside the scope?

--
--  ---
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://www.kcoyle.net