Re: Intro

Hi Doug,

I'm interested in data viz and accessibility, too. One question I have
about the concept of doing a best practices doc for data viz on the web
is how we might bound such an endeavor. Since techniques and libraries
for data viz are changing at a rapid pace, I think we would want to
somehow limit to things that are best practices independent of the
library used. Yet, I don't think we would want to try to write a spec
for how to create good data viz that is only about design choices, as
that would have little to do with the web per se, and there are tons of
other resources for that. The accessibility angle is good. What else
would fit the sweet spot of being web-appropriate and sufficiently
library independent? Maybe . . .

- the characteristics of a good viz library

- connecting to data securely

- optimizing performance

- copyright issues

what else?