Re: International Open Data Conference IODC

On 19/09/2016 13:55, Deirdre Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope everyone in Lisbon is having  a good time :)
>
> Just a note on the International Open Data Conference taking place on
> 6-7 Oct in Madrid.
>
> My proposal titled Supporting the Open Data Publication Process has been
> accepted and will be featured on Day 1 of the Conference (October 6th),
> as part of a Call for Impact panel discussion, Open Data and Platforms.

Good news!

> This should be a great opportunity to present DWBP outputs and invite
> examples of BP implementation.
> We can talk about this more in this Friday's meeting.
>
> Will anyone else from the WG attend IODC?

Martin Alvarez will be there along with 2 other Share-PSI folks (Dolores
from Spanish ministry and Joseph Azzopardi from Malta). But I don't
think anyone else from DWBP will be there. The Share-PSI folks will talk
about that work of course but they're likely to mention DWBP as well.

Concerning this Friday's call - Berna, Hadley, Newton and I are all in
Lisbon, not sure whether others will still be here Friday (I will). I
wonder whether we could usefully move this week's meeting back a week
(although personally, I can't make next week either, but, mercifully, I
will be home for next month).

> For the pre-events 'Open Data Standards Day' looks interesting, but I
> can't find much more information on it. Can anyone help me get in touch
> with Michael or Bill?
> http://opendatacon.org/agenda/pre-events/open-data-standards-day/

You'd think I'd know the Web Foundation guy at least but I'm afraid I
don't. Sorry.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer