Re: dwbp-ACTION-260: to ensure text makes clear that dimensions anad categories are defined as subclasses of skos:concept

From: Riccardo Albertoni <albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:49:34 +0100
To: "Debattista, Jeremy" <Jeremy.Debattista@iais.fraunhofer.de>
Cc: Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Dear Jeremy,
as result of the action 260,
 dqv:Dimension and dqv:Category are now subclasses of skos:Concept.

Being dqv:Dimension and dqv:Category defined  equivalent to  daq:Dimension
and daq:Category, such a subclassing  implies that  also to daq:Dimension
and daq:Category become subclasses of skos:Concept.

This should not be problem, do you agree?

Alternatively,  we  could  replace the subclassing with a lighter
recommandation, for example,  a note  after  dqv:Dimension and dqv:Category
 which says

"The use of skos:prefLabel, skos:definition and skos semantic relations is
recommended to model dqv:Dimension and dqv:Category as  illustrated in the
 following sections."

Cheers,
Riccardo

On 14 March 2016 at 17:04, Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group
Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> dwbp-ACTION-260:  to ensure text makes clear that dimensions anad
> categories are defined as subclasses of skos:concept
>
> http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/260
>
> Assigned to: Riccardo Albertoni
>

> --
> This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be
> clean.

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: *http://www.imati.cnr.it/ <http://www.imati.cnr.it/>*