Re: dwbp-ACTION-271: create a dimension for precision in the DQV namespace

The use of the term "precision" here is a little alarming to me in light
of the distinction between precision and accuracy. We should avoid any
incentivization of high precision, as precise values are not necessarily
accurate. The precision reported for a measurement needs to be
appropriate to the accuracy with which it was taken. Resolution is a
different thing altogether, and the references listed in the action are
about resolution, not precision and not accuracy.
-Annette
http://en-us.fluke.com/training/training-library/test-tools/digital-multimeters/accuracy-resolution-range-counts-digits-and-precision.html

--
Annette Greiner