Re: some observations about the front matter

Hi Bernadette,
See my notes inline with -->

On 4/16/16 8:24 AM, Bernadette Farias Lóscio wrote:
> Hi Annette,
>
> Thanks for your review. Please, find my comments inline.
>
>     Introduction
>     --
>     First paragraph, some examples have no clear relationship to the
>     web; "this phenomenon" has no clear antecedent.
>     Needs a careful native-speaker edit.
>

> Could you please be more specific about the examples that have no
> clear relationship to the Web?
--> This sentence is what I was responding to: " The growth of open data
by governments across the world [OKFN-INDEX
<http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#bib-OKFN-INDEX>], the increasing
publication of research data encouraged by organizations like the
Research Data Alliance [RDA
<http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#bib-RDA>], the harvesting and
analysis of social media, crowd-sourcing of information, the provision
of important cultural heritage collections such as at the Bibliothèque
nationale de France [BNF <http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#bib-BNF>]
and the sustained growth in the Linked Open Data Cloud [LODC
<http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#bib-LODC>]..."

--> We could change to "The growth in online sharing of open data by
governments..., the increasing online publication of research data...,
the harvesting and publishing online of social media data..., the
increasing presence on the web of cultural heritage collections...

>     Audience
>     --
>     Remove "such as CSV, JSON and RDF." They are too specific; don't
>     use examples here.
>

> Why do you think that we shouldn't use examples ? I'm ok with removing
> the examples, but I'd like to understand the reason for this.
--> They narrow the scope too much. Giving those examples suggests that
what you're saying only applies to that kind of thing.

>     Context
>     --
>     The word "mainly" needs to be removed here: "The DWBP document is
>     mainly interested on the Identification principle that says that
>     URIs should be used to identify resources." "Mainly" means that it
>     is more important than other considerations, which isn't true and
>     probably isn't what was meant.
>

> Ok! We  wanted to highlight the Identification principle, but maybe
> this is not a good way to say this.
>
>     I disagree with the statement that "multiple Dataset Access
>     mechanisms should be available."
>

> Could you please explain why do you disagree with this statement?
> Maybe this is also a rewriting issue.
--> I don't feel that, for example, if you publish some data as
downloadable files, you should also have to build an API, too, or vice
versa.

>     The diagram is still confusing for me. I can't tell what it is
>     trying to say. What is the relationship between the blue dataset
>     and the green, yellow, and orange rectangles supposed to be
>     showing? Why does a blue box refer to a dataset and then to
>     distributions? Why is the grouping within blue boxes different
>     after the arrow? What does the dotted line represent? What does
>     the arrow represent?
>
>     This section wanders between discussion of basic definitions and
>     an incomplete enumeration of the best practices themselves. It
>     needs to be rewritten so that it has a clear purpose and adheres
>     to it.
>

> Eric is helping us to rewrite the text and to make changes on the
> diagram to make it more clear. As soon as we have a new proposal,
> we're gonna make it available to have feedback from the group,
>

>     Basic Example
>     --
>     It should be about more modes of transit than just buses. We have
>     some examples that use multiple modes.
>

> I'm not sure if it's better to change the Basic Example or to change
> the examples that consider multiple modes. I'm affraid of creating big
> expectations on the public if we mention multiple modes in example
> description, but just few BP examples really consider this aspect.

--> I don't think that would be confusing. You just need to avoid
implying that it's not a multimodal transit system. It looks like Phil
reworked it nicely.