Re: Versioning

Hi Annette and Makx,

I think we (Makx and I) agree that "following" is not a case of versioning.
@Annettte, do you also agree? IMO, this case represents a collection of
datasets that share structure but don't share data.

For the other cases, I think we should consider that a dataset is a version
of another dataset when a new dataset is created based on an existing
dataset, i.e, the two datasets will have some data and/or structure in
common. I think this applies both to superseding and adapting cases
mentioned by Makx. On the other hand, If a dataset is modified without the
creation of a new dataset, then there is no versioning. Does it make sense
for you?

Thanks!
Bernadette

--