RE: Invitation for public review of DCAT-AP

All,

Phil wrote on 4 July:

> It will be particularly interesting, IMO, for the WG to study how the AP work
> has handled versioning.

The Application Profile defines two optional properties for Dataset: dct:hasVersion which links to "a related Dataset that is a version, edition, or adaptation of the described Dataset" and dct:isVersionOf which links to "a related Dataset of which the described Dataset is a version, edition, or adaptation". Definitions based on http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-hasVersion and http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-isVersionOf with 'resource' replaced by 'Dataset'.

The specification is silent about whether two data files that contain similar data (like the examples in my message http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2015Jun/0088.html) should be modelled as Distributions of different Datasets or as Distributions of the same Dataset. As I wrote before, both perspectives were presented but no consensus was reached.

In my understanding, the European DCAT-AP Working Group is hoping that the DWBP WG will provide guidance on how to model these kinds of temporal and spatial relationships.

Makx.