Re: DQV, ISO 19115/19157 and GeoDCAT-AP

Dear Andrea,

Three months ago we owe you an update on your original feedback email at [1]. Besides an original answer [2] you could see that we've been actively discussing your comments, notably around Issue-202 we raised after your comments [3].

The status is currently:

1. We have not followed the PROV paths to express conformance. While relevant for many cases, we believe it is too complex for our simple requirements, and would count on provenance-focused applications (including ones seeking to implement ISO or GeoDCAT-AP) to come with their own PROV patterns for representing how a conformance statement has been produced.

2. We have made amendments on the DQV specification for expressing conformance in a way that follows the simpler DCAT-AP pattern using dcterms:conformsTo [4].
We would by the way welcome feedback on our example: is the way we introduce GeoDCAT as a dcterms:Standard appropriate, or would you prefer us to adapt the example on "COMMISSION REGULATION (EC) No 976/2009" at [5]?

3. We have discussed your suggestions of introducing "not evaluated" and "not conformant" as you suggested. We are convinced that adding "not conformant" would be very useful [5].
However, if we implement it, are you aware of a property and a value (URI) to build such statement in RDF?

4. The example of conformance is triggering a discussion on how to indicate that it's fine to use DQV to indicate the quality of metadata, not only 'original' datasets. This is less relevant to your original comment, but you may want to chime in.

We hope this progress somehow answers your original concerns!

If you do not have further input that is also fine. But we will have then to let Issue-202 open until we can get input otherwise. This is the current intention behind the note on this issue in [4].

Best,

Antoine

[1]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2015Aug/0146.html
[2]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2015Sep/0072.html