Re: issue-202: asserting the dataset's metadata conforms to certain standards

Hi Riccardo, all,

OK, I've added the example in a new section as as you suggested, and following the pattern we agreed on.

About doing something for the fact that what we are describing here is quality of metadata:
Yes, I think it's in DQV's scope.
But I'm not sure it's wise to add dcat:CatalogRecord besides dcat:Dataset/ dcat:Distribution at [1].
The reason for this is that after we do it, we'll probably find out that there are other types of metadata than catalogue records. Especially about conformance: every data sources can be said to be (non-)conformant to something.

So I'd be tempted to add a brief note somewhere that the dcat:Dataset/ dcat:Distribution node in [1] is indicative, not normative, as we know that the properties could be applied to other types of resources than the ones we mention.

Or we could just keep the node normative, and then consider that every piece of data described with DQV, even dcat:CatalogRecord, can be considered a dcat:Dataset or dcat:Distribution.
I didn't find any disjointness axiom in the DCAT ontology [2], which would disallow this.
Would this be ok for people?

Cheers,

Antoine

[2] http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat.rdf