Re: Open Data for Agriculture

hi,

i'd like to point you to fp7 project semagrow [1], where we are basically
trying to make unbelievable large datasets available as rdf and try to
develop
the groundings for a smart sparql engine that knows where to start to look
for meaningful data for a given sparql query without having to query
everything.

fao is also part of the project.

note: we are basically talking about whole halls full of rackets with
net-cdf discs here...

have you ever heard of the city of wageningen, netherlands?  the city of
life science.. there are a lot of institutes and small/big companies that
deal with these things... google's your friend..

wkr j

[1] http://semagrow.eu/

| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION