From: Ghislain Atemezing [auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr]
Sent: 03/29/2014 11:23 AM CET
To: Steven Adler; Leigh Dodds <leigh@ldodds.com>
Cc: public-dwbp-wg <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>; IBM Open Data Group <IBM_Open_Data_Group%IBMUS@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Women @ Work in Los Angeles

Hi Steve,

> Please imagine now how it could be better.
One of my favorite example in this case is the open data communities
website. [1]
They have a clear URI policy. For the Local Authorities Dataset, the
identifier of
Hampshire County Council is
http://opendatacommunities.org/id/county-council/hampshire, which is
dereferenceable to
http://opendatacommunities.org/doc/county-council/hampshire in your
browser. They also point to different format distributed.

They also show datasets by theme, see here
http://opendatacommunities.org/themes/geography for geography, and the
corresponding metadata at
http://opendatacommunities.org/def/concept/themes/geography.
Look out this visu at http://opendatacommunities.org/deprivation/map
referenced the datasets used.

Well, maybe what is missing is the use of a more standardized vocab for
catalog (DCAT)? To me, they contain many good examples for best
practices document .

Cheers,
Ghislain

[1] http://opendatacommunities.org/