Motto: "Do First, Think, Do it Again"

From:
Ig Ibert Bittencourt <ig.ibert@gmail.com>
To:
Manuel CARRASCO-BENITEZ <Manuel.CARRASCO-BENITEZ@ec.europa.eu>
Cc:
Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Date:
03/27/2014 01:42 AM
Re: Several

Tomas,

++++1

Comments several posting.

1. Linked data vs. Linked Open Data
"Linked Data is defined above. Linked Open Data (LOD) is Linked Data which
is released under an open licence ..."
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

The only legal aspects we should address is how to point to license(s).

2. Human vs. machines readable
It should be readable to both within one single model; similar to
microformats.

3. Formats
The same data should be accessible in several formats (variants). In
particular, it must not be restricted to RDF.
"Structure the data, the how is secondary".

4. Data practitioner
I might be considered one :-)  I am working on the (arguably) biggest
corpus of multilingual parallel texts: the Official Journal of the
European Union.

Regards
Tomas

--

Ig Ibert Bittencourt
Professor Adjunto III - Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)