Re: APIs to work with data on the web

Hi Laufer and Steven,

There are two specifications that I think is very interesting to take a
look. The first one if the Linked Data Platform 1.0 [1], with the Working
Draft from this month which brings two concepts: The Linked Data Platform
Container [2], which group several concepts in a container and it can be
retrieved with only one URI (or IRI) and the Linked Data Platform Paging
[3] (and editor draft from today), which is exactly for large resources.

Another specification is RDF 1.1 [4] Specification, which provides the
concept of RDF Dataset and I can combine diferent resources and datasets
with only one IRI (loog this example [5] in the spec). It is also possible
to increment new resources to the RDF Dataset by using TriG [6].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#bib-LDP-PAGING
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#ldpc
[3] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp-paging.html
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-rdf11-primer-20140225/
[5]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-rdf11-primer-20140225/#section-multiple-graphs
[6] http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-trig-20140225/Overview.html

Best,
Ig

--

Ig Ibert Bittencourt
Professor Adjunto III - Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)