Re: Data citation principles

Ivan,

The citation principles are useful.  We just had a call with the CIO of
Palo Alto two weeks ago in which we asked him if he was documenting the
lineage, including public official signoffs, of their published data and
of course they are not.  No one publishing Open Data is doing this yet.

Endorsing these principles and including them in our Best Practices is
very helpful.  But we can go further in the vocabularies by documenting
specifically how these principles can be implemented in metadata, which
would be very powerful.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Steve