Re: audience for the BP doc

Bernadette,

However, before we decide if we're gonna abandon the BP for data consumers,
I think it is really important to have an agreement about the role of data
publishers and data consumers

+1

In my point of view, data consumer concerns the one who wants to use data
available on the Web to produce "something" instead of just reading the
data. For example, when a developer uses raw data available on the Web to
develop an application, then the developer plays the role of a data
consumer and not the role of a data publisher.

+1 with the caveat that producing "something" might include the creation or
modification to data on the web. In a similar way that a database developer
works in data manipulation.

Makx - I agree that I don't think we should ask people that are already
stretched thin on the publishing side to help write.

Bernadette if it is appropriate should we put forward a proposal on a data
usage section in the DWBP document or is it too late?

Thanks,

Eric S