Re: Adding Permission, Consent, Opt-in, Opt-out

Hi Joss.

The notion of Permission as a legal basis comes from the Data Governance Act for non-personal data. For personal data, one of the GDPR Art.6 legal basis is still required.

For permission under PSD3, it would most likely be contract or legal obligation as the EDPS states it is not consent.  The EDPS is repeating the term as it appears in PSD3, and clarifying its interpretation under GDPR as above. So if it is not a legal basis, then it is a required Organisational measure (GDPR terminology) - is how I interpret it.

- Harsh