Re: Healthcare Consent

Hi Renato. Welcome!

I do not recall us having discussed specific modelling of medical consent forms using DPV. What we model as consent comes from privacy/data protection background which IMHO is different from medical consent procedures. That said, there are certainly significant commonalities and DPV can be used to model medical consent - but it lacks the specific concepts for data and procedures that are commonly used.

See the Informed Consent Ontology (if you haven't) https://obofoundry.org/ontology/ico.html and the FHIR consent specification https://www.hl7.org/fhir/consent.html which I think are catered towards specific medical use cases. I think DPV can be a useful broader supporting vocabulary for both of these to connect with specific EU regulations. Beatriz and I looked at dataset annotations for declaring purposes etc. using DPV and ODRL which in theory is also the structure for modelling specifics of consent - see https://semantic-web-journal.net/content/enhancing-data-use-ontology-duo-health-data-sharing-extending-it-odrl-and-dpv-1

Regards,
Harsh