Re: Adding categories of data subjects

Hi. To answer in order:

Art's question of whether these would be 6 categories - yes.
- Intended / Unintended
- Active / Passive
- Informed / Uninformed

Beatriz's question on modelling these as statuses.
- That's a good question. tldr; status does seem a better 'semantic
model', but is also used as a category in common use.
- We use 'Status' in DPV to provide context to another concept with the
expectation that that context will change. In this case, only the
Informed/Uninformed categorisation seems likely to change. The
Active/Passive and Intended/Unintended are categorisation of data
subjects that do not seem likely to change, but can still be statuses.
- If you want to model this information on a data subject
group/individual level, then status can be useful e.g. a specific
individual - was informed or not? Same can be achieved with a category
e.g. data subject is of 'type' informed.
- One benefit of statuses over categories is to indicate within
processing policies whether data subjects have been informed as a way to
keep track of it e.g. hasDataSubjectStatus <Informed>. This is in
addition to using hasNotice <Notice> to indicate the information.
- Active/Passive can similarly be statuses to depict "involvement"
- Intended/Unintended should be categories

Mark's question on whether it is possible to represent status of notice
as being current - Conformant/NonConformant concepts exist which can be
used here with whatever criteria for conformance you want to indicate it
with.

Regards,
Harsh

Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Ph.D