Re: DPCat: Data Processing Catalogue using DPV and DCAT(-AP)

Hi Bert. Thanks for elaborating your argument in detail. I think I
understand your concern on how we're using DCAT-AP as a profile vs DCAT
being a generic vocabulary. We'll discuss this internally in terms of
functional requirements for using DPCat vs keeping only a minimal amount
of fields for conformance with DCAT-AP - to see whether we can find a
way to address this.

Our intention to extend DCAT-AP is because of the usefulness of that
data to organisations and Data Protection Authorities, which could use
the public or a separate private data portal to manage GDPR compliance
data as catalogues - which currently are exchanged using emails and file
sharing.

I suppose one could also do those queries on data inside a
dcat-ap:Dataset, but this is not currently supported by either DCAT or
DCAT-AP portals i.e. restrictions on what data must be present inside a
dataset. I'm aware this is by design as portals deal only with 'dataset
metadata'.

Still, an interesting problem to think about!

Regards,
Harsh

On 19/04/2022 22:02, Bert Van Nuffelen wrote:
> Hi Harsh,
>
> Actually your explanation is the reason why I ask these questions.

Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Ph.D
Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin
https://harshp.com/