From: Railean, Alexander <alexander.railean@informatik.uni-goettingen.de>
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 1:16:12 PM
To: public-dpvcg@w3.org <public-dpvcg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: A notation for expressing frequency of data collection

Hi,

> Proposal: can this be represented using a "hasFrequency" property?

It makes sense, but there's a catch - event driven logic.

In my original suggestion with discrete values for an enum, I mistyped the last entry, I meant `on demand`.

Imagine a system that sends a push notification when a person with sleep apnea starts choking. This is not a deterministic event that occurs with a set  frequency, it can be "many times per hour" or "a few times per day".

Thus, the notation needs to be a bit more flexible to accommodate this case..

Alex