From: "Georgios V. Lioudakis" <gelioud@ieee.org<mailto:gelioud@ieee.org>>
Subject: Re: Legal semantics inquiry
Date: 10 July 2020 at 12:59:06 GMT-4
To: OCG Info <info@openconsent.com<mailto:info@openconsent.com>>, Simon Steyskal <simon.steyskal@wu.ac.at<mailto:simon.steyskal@wu.ac.at>>
Cc: Data Privacy Vocabularies and Controls Community Group <public-dpvcg@w3.org<mailto:public-dpvcg@w3.org>>

Hi all,

We have implemented such functionality in the context of the H2020 BPR4GDPR project.
The solution consists in an ontological access and usage control framework that is quite expressive and flexible for incorporating various types of constraints.
The rules build upon an information model that captures various concepts related to data protection, including data types, purposes, types of operations, etc.

You can have a look at the respective deliverable, abailable here: https://www.bpr4gdpr.eu/results/deliverables/d3-2-initial-specification-and-prototyping-of-the-policy-framework/
(preliminary version, the final version is due September 2020)

What is of interest regarding the topic under discussion is Section 2.

Please let me know if you need any clarification or additional information.

I could also provide a presentation of the BPR4GDPR approach for privacy protection that is largely based on ontologies and has tackled various of the issues discussed in the group.

Best,
George.

--
Georgios V. Lioudakis
Electrical & Computer Engineer, Dr.-Ing.