Re: Definitions

Thank you Victor for sharing this. Would you like to add the vocabulary
to the wiki?

At an overview, the concepts currently do not seem to be aligned with
any particular legislation. I have noted here the definitions of five
terms we are currently discussing.

1) Data Controller
"The chief accounting officer of a business enterprise or an institution
(such as a college)" from lynx:controller-n-en
Does this align with the GDPR definition of data controller? It mentions
the "organisation" aspect of a controller, but not the function, i.e.
determining purposes of processing personal data.

2) Data Processor
"A person or thing that processes" from lynx:processor-n-en
Same concern as above regarding function.

3) Data Recipient
Not defined

4) Data Subject
Exists as a concept without definition

5) Consent
"permission to do something" from lynx:consent-n-en which is a
skos:Concept with "permission" as the broader concept.
and there is an concept for explicit consent
(lynx:explicit-consent-n-en) which currently does not have a definition.

Regards,
Harsh

Harshvardhan J. Pandit
PhD Researcher