Re: Using ODRL for modeling consent obligations (was Re: Are there any concerns about using ODRL to model Consent?)

Thank you everyone for replying on this issue/query.

@axel @javier @simon I have looked at the way SPECIAL models consent,
which is a OWL model (as Axel mentioned in his email). For the specific
definition and use-case of SPECIAL (see deliverables), this works to
convey the information. This also brings the topic back to the OWL model
being tied to the use-case.

As rightly pointed out, ODRL does not cover purpose or storage
restrictions explicitly, nor can it represent information about how
consent was obtained, expires, etc.

However, would ODRL still be useful as a vocabulary to express these
permissions using its concepts and properties, while another vocabulary
is used to define the missing aspects of how consent was obtained,
purpose, etc. ? For e.g. using GDPRov (since I'm familiar with it) to
capture the provenance of how the consent was obtained (HOW, WHEN) and
using ODRL to define the actual consent itself, maybe as an extension
through templates.

If the answer to the above is yes, or a partial yes, then does
cherry-picking concepts and terms in this manner (in this context of
consent) be considered good practice?

This also brings up the question for DPVCG (in my mind) whether the
outcome/deliverable should be an entirely new vocabulary or a new
vocabulary that includes re-use of existing terms (if they fit defined
criteria and requirements).

Regards,

Harsh

Harshvardhan Pandit