Re: Are there any concerns about using ODRL to model Consent?

</chairhat>

Simon might be more into this, we had some work using ODRL for modeling various Data access policies [1,2]
The reason for the choice of a simpler OWL taxonomy and fixed concepts (rathrer than describing each of these in detail in terms of more finr-granular ODRL policies, was AFAIR that the use cases in SPECIAL didn't require it and that with this OWL-based approach compliance checking can be defined in a relatively straightforward manner.

1. Simon Steyskal and Axel Polleres. Towards formal semantics for ODRL policies. In 9th International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML2015), number 9202 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), pages 360--375, Berlin, Germany, August 2015. Springer. [ .pdf <http://www.polleres.net/publications/stey-poll-2015RuleML.pdf> ]

2. Simon Steyskal and Axel Polleres. Defining expressive access policies for linked data using the ODRL ontology 2.0. In Proceedings of the SEMANTiCS 2014, ACM International Conference Proceedings Series, Leipzig, Germany, September 2014. ACM. Short paper. [ .pdf <http://www.polleres.net/publications/stey-poll-2014SEMANTiCS.pdf> ]

--
Prof. Dr. Axel Polleres
Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna