RE: AriaRole an Control Type Mapping UIA for the Digital Publishing ARIA Module

The localized control type should be the English equivalent. It is a user-facing string (what Narrator says).

So "Epilogue" and "Glossary Reference"

Thanks for checking

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:08 AM
To: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Cc: W3C PF - DPUB Joint Task Force <public-dpub-aria@w3.org>
Subject: AriaRole an Control Type Mapping UIA for the Digital Publishing ARIA Module

Hi Cynthia,

I am working on the digital publishing accessibiility api mapping spec. We have introduced some new roles that are prefixed.

Spec: http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/dpub-aam/dpub-aam.html

How do you want them to be exposed for the control type and AriaRole. Here are two examples:

dpub-epilogue:

  *   Expose as text string 'dpub-epilogue' in AriaRole.
  *   Control type/role is group. Localized Control Type is based on AriaRole.

dpub-glossref

  *   Expose as text string 'dpub-glossref' in AriaRole.
  *   Control type/role is HyperLink. Localized Control Type is based on AriaRole.

Are you happy with this convention? Or do you want me to expose the localize control type as the english equivalent of what should be said such as "Epilogue" and "Glossary Reference"

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger