From: public-diselect-editors-request@w3.org [mailto:public-diselect-editors-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: 11 September 2006 17:36
To: Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com
Cc: public-diselect-editors@w3.org
Subject: Re: McCathieNevile-6

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:09:52 +0200, Rhys Lewis <Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com>
wrote:

Hi Rhys,

>> From your response, it sounds as though I've misunderstood the original
>> comment.
>
> I took it to refer to the set of links associated with each section of a
> multifile HTML rendering of a W3C specification. The recent XHTML 2 WD
> is an example. Here is the list module page as an example.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-list.html#s_listmodule
>
> At the top of the page is a set of links for navigating to important
> parts of the document.
>
> These don't appear in the single page version.
>
> Ok, so it sounds as though that is not what you meant, so I'm at a bit
> of a loss. Can you show an example of a current W3C specification that
> includes the link you'd like to see?

That document also uses elements in the head to provide navigation to key
points - and this is useful even in a single page version. The code in
question is

<link rel="start" type="text/html" href="Overview.html" />
<link rel="contents" type="text/html" href="Overview.html#toc" />
<link rel="prev" type="text/html" href="mod-hypertext.html" />
<link rel="next" type="text/html" href="mod-core.html" />

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com