Re: Proposal for a domain

Dear Gav

thanks for extensive resources to kickstart.

I think another option, rather than 'taking over' your existing collection,
to analyse the terms one by one, or ten by ten, say, and see if we want to
use them as they are given
or amend them for adoption in this group

The purpose of this evaluation is to allow a wider community, with different
perspectives to
make a contribution to the terminology, and helps us evolve, and refine the
vocabulary
if necessary

Secondly, it would help us make decisions regard the copyright, as you say
there might be problems there - only if we decide to adopt that given term
precisely as it is given, we need to worry about permission - if we come up
with our own concoction, I dont think we need to worry although we may want
to make our references public

so, the way I see it

1. we need to take into account as much existing work as possible, so
thatnks for starting this literature review resource. brilliant

2. we need to review terms one by one, and adopt them as proposed by
existing resources, or amend them for w3 adoption

3. if we decide to keep the terms as they are, we need to
  a) invoke 'fair use', where possible, to make our adoption legitimate, or
  b) request explicit permission , which in my experience most organisations
are happy to grant

if we agree roughly with this process, we could selecting the first batch
would that be an alphabetical exercise, or a logical/semantic exercise?

let us know when we are ready everybody?

cheers
PDM