Re: automagic notifications and coordination...

Hi William
I did not see your post - did you post offlist?
Legitimate concern, and to infrastructure you are obviously referring to the
internet, I guess

however, I am not just thinking sahana, and I am not just thinking locally

Assume an emergency takes place where I am (I seem to have earthquale follow
me everywhere I go these days). My friends everywhere else in the world will
still be able to help
me better and faster  if they can pull up relevantly filtered information
using normal search engines and browsers.

I think there is one circumastance in which the global infranstructure is
all down,
such as an electromagnetic storm passes the earth and stalls all our
communication systems, but I havent quite thought what to do about that.
That woud have to be plan B

--

Paola Di Maio *****
School of Information Technology