Re: categorization of information/priority

Yes Gav,
good  to work with people who are quick to grasp =

except perhaps that these categorization issues is a bit messy, and we have
to be really careful with categories and reality

what we aim for I think is a 'multifaceted categorization'
similar to tagging concept, but according to a hierarchy

in principle what I have in mind is the following

search for 'functional response', on say, google

instead of getting the usual bunch of unsorted links, we get clusters of
links according to
tags/categories.

Generally speaking these could be user defined (the user choses what
categories they want to sort their link view) text analysis in the browser
technology is what I am after
(I am  this technology is ready to be rolled out in Beta)

However, ad hoc macros could be produced, to model a specific instance or
area of interest
so for example, for all the bunch of links that come up with the 'functional
response' search, there could be a view  to sort them say by geography,
language, institution, and whatever hierarchy you like to have for a usable
information architecture

we could  try to omprove/refine/elaborate your sample tagging schema below
maybe using more self descriptive tags (lets ask the users perhaps) and
then  assume we can map that to geography/locations, and attach as you say

a list of people/email/phones/faxes/language spoken information to each
location
]
so, functional response search would yield a useful, actionable, information

next problem would be validation, and keeping it uptodate

I think it can be done, hope it makes sense, at least in part
something like that, yes

PDM

--

Paola Di Maio *****