Re: Outcomes of the XG

Renato Iannella wrote:

> Thanks all. I will start on the Charter (using the W3C template) and
> re-use some of the
> contributions to date at
> <http://esw.w3.org/topic/Charter_for_a_Proposed_W3C_Incubator_Group>.

I think our charter is coming out very well in general.

However I think it is important for us to be focused on our outcomes on
this incubator group and I wonder if the following points on our mission
is too generic for this group:

# To create a collaborative, inclusive, participatory emergency
management framework that takes into account human rights and social
equality, aimed to support EM systems designed to optimize the use of
available resources though the maximization of data, information,
knowledge and resources exchange

# To develop and publish an architecture of reference for humanitarian
software designed to embed and support principles of ethics and
transparency. with the aim to discourage profiteering and personal
and/or corporate financial gain from humanitarian operations

IMO though the above are good objectives, it is too generic and goes
beyond ontology and interop. We can however include this in other forums
including Humanitarian-ICT (http://www.reliefsource.org/foss). In fact
we had some initial discussion on interop standards here which we can
now inherit this work to this group continue instead (notes:
http://www.reliefsource.org/foss/index.php/Dev:Interop_Standards )

thanks,

Chamindra de Silva
http://chamindra.googlepages.com