Re: W3C Incubator Group "Disaster Management"

Hi Soenke,

I apologize for the delay in responding as I was catching up on a whole
bunch of email since my last trip to ISCRAM 2007 (where we setup a BOF
on interop standards in crisis management). Right now I just gathering
members from various forums for this incubator group.

The main objective of this group is to gather, organize and sometimes
define mechanisms and standards for the interoperability of
crisis/emergency management systems.

We also have a mailing list on humanitarian systems "Humanitarian-ICT"
were we discuss topics in a much broader sense, which you might be
interested in joining (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/humanitarian-ict/).

I myself am a representative of the Sahana Project, which is a Free and
Open Source Disaster Management system (http://www.sahana.lk/overview)

Please do bear with us till we get an initial set of people gathered to
the list, however at the same time you are welcome to take a lead on any
of the topics as well.

Chamindra de Silva
http://chamindra.googlepages.com