Re: Draft XG Charter

I think Olle and Paola are talking at different levels of this issue. I
agree with both, but in a different context on each point.

(1) In agreement with Olle: Interop standards should certainly be
apolitical and agnostic of any particular organizational sensitivities
and play to the lowest common denominator as much as possible. We have
to! otherwise it is not a standard which we can depend on and encode
into our systems to allow them to exchange data electronically.

(2) In agreement with Paola: Terminology for end users and systems will
need to be configured to meet the target user group and organization,
national sensitivities. Certainly we can keep that terminology out of
this group, but it would still serve as a valuable standard and input to
forge the interop framework. I think saying there is political influence
is a bit strong, as it is more about creating ontologies that people can
use in common especially in sharing disaster information (human to
human) effectively (without ambiguity) across nationalities and
organizations.