Re: CSS Pages and Pagination

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 13:51:03 +0200
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: public-digipub@w3.org
Also sprach Daniel Glazman:

 > > > I choke every time I see the 16
 > > > margin boxes specified in CSS Paged Media and the associated magic...

 > > The 16 margin boxes makes it possible to replicate real-world running
 > > headers, which can be quite complex. Here are some samples:
 > >
 > >   http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3/samples.jpg
 > >
 > > If you still disagree, I'd like to see the code you propose using for
 > > the challenge posted in

 > >   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Jan/0169.html

 > I'm not in Saint Helena and I'm not Sir Hudson Lowe. Find another
 > cards player.

I'm asking a technical question. Rather than hearing about your
physical discomfort with an existing solution, I'd like to know what
your improved alternative is. Expressly, how would you code up this
example?:

    @page { @top-center { content: element(header) }}
    @page :left { @top-left { content: counter(page) }}
    @page :right { @top-right { content: counter(page) }}