Re: [latinreq] ED 2014-03-12 comments

This is the issue with different access control and github uses https. I see two possibilities:

- you (temporarily) use https to access respec in the script element in the header; that may provide enough security for a browser
- browsers usually have an option to relieve protection for such a page. On Firefox on my Mac there is a logo on the left of the URI in the address bar, one can click and give an explicit permission to access auxiliary files through http

Ivan

On 23 Jun 2014, at 17:13 , Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:
> 1. When accessed using HTTPS as https://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/,
> Firefox (at least) doesn't show the ToC, etc., and only shows them once
> blocking of non-encrypted content is disabled.
>
> All the generated text comes from Robin Berjon's ReSpec, which is a JS library for specs. Is it important enough to access editor's drafts via HTTPS to file a bug with ReSpec?
>

> 2. Section 4.1, Hyphenation
>
> I thought this was commented on earlier by someone else, but now I can't
> find it...
>
> 'reap-ear', sans hyphen, isn't a word.  Should this be 'reap-pear'?
>
> I'll delete that word from the example. My original source had 'reap-ear' so I can't know what exactly they meant.
>

> 3. Section 11, Tables
>
> Should the text say something about the practice of using lining figures
> in tables?
>
> Is there widespread agreement about this? Lots of books use old-style figures in tables, and some fonts even include old-style tabular figures. Financial tables may have very different requirements than scientific tables. I'd welcome input from subject matter experts about this.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Dave

----
Ivan Herman, W3C