Re: [dpub] PWP-UCR merges and questions

O.k. I see where you are going, and yes, that is an important feature but then, at least for me, the _description_ of the requirement is not clear (enough). A first shoot at it could be:

[[[
The fundamental requirement on identification already states that there should be a way to uniquely identify a publication (see 2.2.2 Uniquely Identifying a Web Publication). This requirement can easily be extended to constituents of a Web Publication by using standard Web identifications. However, a model that would extend this identification to the resources contained in a <em>Packaged</em> Web Publication is also necessary, making it possible to refer to a resource regardless of whether the resource is within an Web Publication or within its packaged version.
]]]

The requirement definition could also be a bit re-written, trying to remove the reference to a manifest.

[[[
A Portable Web Publication should include a a mapping of the identification of a constituent resource between the Web and its equivalent in a package.
]]]

WDYT?

Ivan

> [...]
>>
>> But isn't it correct that the identification of a part of a publication across all 'states' (to use an outdated word:-) is the _real_ use case and requirement? The mapping/redirection is a tool to achieve that, isn't it?
>>
>> Ivan
>>

>>> Security
>>> Section 4.2 is important because it discusses some specific use cases in the context of PWP in which a UA might not allow a publication to work as the publisher/author originally intended because its capabilities have been restricted. So while I agree that this is “in support of the horizontal dependency of security”, I think it is important to call these out for folks who may expect this.
>>>
>>> Section 4.3 is the opposite of 4.2.  Where 4.2 is about a UA restricting a publication’s usage of the OWP, 4.3 is about how a publication could become “trusted” and thus allow more capabilities than it might normally.  This is basically the PWP equivalent of HTTPS and “trusted sites”.
>>>
>>> So yes, we need both. If people have specific wording improvements – definitely happy to consider them.
>>>
>>> Leonard
>>>
>>> From: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com <mailto:tsiegman@wiley.com>>
>>> Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 8:54 AM
>>> Subject: [dpub] PWP-UCR merges and questions
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I merged several PRs to PWP-UCR
>>>
>>> Ivan’s proposed changes [1], which included Heather’s reorg, data inclusion, the accessibility table, and a general editorial review
>>>
>>> The A11y TF’s rewording of Pagination section to avoid confusion around the multiple uses of the word “pagination” [2] and proposed changes to section 2.1.1 “Alternative Modalities” [3]
>>>
>>> I proposed new language for Manifests and Links [4] because it was a little hard to discern intent. Please review so we can merge.
>>>
>>> I also have some questions for the group to discuss:
>>>
>>> 1.       Section 3.1 <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-ucr/index.html#distro-vers> “Distribution and Versioning”: We had discussed using a word other than Versioning, because versioning carries a lot and different meanings for the Web and Publishing worlds. Please provide suggestions.
>>> 2.       Section 4.2 <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-ucr/index.html#limiting_features> “Limiting a Web Publication's Features” and Section 4.3 <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-ucr/index.html#escalating_trust> “Escalating Trust”: Upon re-reading this, please clarify what these use cases and requirements provide that the section on Horizontal Dependencies does not provide. I believe that we have successfully made a case outlining Accessibility use cases that are less than clearly defined in the Web world. Perhaps it is my lack of familiarity with security issues, but these security examples are rather fuzzy to me, and I think we need to better define them.

>>> 201-748-6884