Re: The MQ (or not) issue; what we are seeking

Unfortunately, not.  Since JS wasn’t permitted in an EPUB 2 reader, there are many of those out there that do not even have a JS engine included.

Leonard

On 10/6/16, 1:07 AM, "Paul Topping" <pault@dessci.com> wrote:

    When it is suggested that there are ebook readers that don't support JavaScript, what is meant is that they don't support JS embedded in the ebook content itself. Am I correct? AFAIK, virtually all ebook readers are browser engine-based and use JS code in their implementation. They just don't want content to contain JS as it is a potential security risk. I only point this out in case it makes a difference in this MQ discussion.

    Paul